Get cracking meaning explained in detail.
Welcome to Harry’s English in a Minute.
Watch this short English video lesson with subtitles and improve your Englsih vocabulary.
Get Cracking - Meaning
The phrase that I have for you today is GET CRACKING.
Get cracking suggests that we have to move on, we have to do something.
This is a short video, I’m going to get cracking.
Meaning I’m going to explain it to you.
Get cracking means get on with it. Okay?
We’ve got to catch a plane. I think it’s about time we got cracking.
Meaning let’s get the car on the road and let’s get to the airport.
So get cracking, get on with it and just do it.
Get Cracking - Related Words
- to begin
- to initiate
- to launch
- to take up
- to commence
- to kick off
- to jump into
- to start the ball rolling
- to hit the ground running
Get Cracking - Examples
- We’d better get cracking otherwise we won’t be finished before Mum comes back to take us skating.
- We’ve not had the best start in the league, we need to get cracking.
- Christmas isn’t too far away, so you should get cracking on your shopping list right away.
- I’m so excited, and can’t wait to get cracking on this.
- We can’t wait to get cracking on with the next phase of our campaigning work.
- There aren’t many juniour positions available so get gracking and email your CV.
You will love these English lessons
Here I will give you 10 real tips on how to improve English skills and be able to express yourself
The three most appropriate prepositions that we normally use when talking about “time” are In, At and On. The rules